Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July Weekend!

Happy Independence Day Weekend to all! Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th full of family, friends, and lots of food. There's nothing better than a long holiday weekend in the summer!

Here's how I spent part of my 4th. I took out Kali's pool for the first time this summer and filled it with water. She immediately knew what was going on and when she went outside to her pool, she walked around it getting drinks from it. Yes, Kali it is not only a pool but a really big water dish that you can stand in the middle of and get a drink from! :) Of course I brought my camera and took a few videos and pictures. This video below was filmed by my mom. The three of us had fun laughing and playing.








Here are a few more pictures....





She looks a bit like a drowned rat when she's wet. And her fur is so strange that it dries almost instantly. My mom and I kept laughing because for the entire time her tail was the only part of her that was totally dry. Must be nice to have a waterproof fur coat!



"Too many drinks...buuurp" says Kali.



Ah....the cool water felt good to the feet. My mom and I got in on the fun and kicked up our paws with Kali. She loved the splashing and continued to kick up her own paws.

"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too."
- Samuel Butler

(I've used the above quote before -- it has become a favorite of mine and entirely appropriate for this post, I think.) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

suzi blu said...

omg a baby pool for a pup! what a great idea i want to do that. i hope i get my pupp!!

xoxo
suzi

Heather Robinson said...

That is absolutely hilarious!! I love when she digs in the water. It is quite obvious that Kali enjoyed her pool/giant water dish. How are you my friend? Sorry I haven't been in touch for such a long time. Loved the photo you sent to me a while ago!

Rita said...

Great fun in this heat and humidity!! So cool that you can make videos!! :)