Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Very Special Gift From My Friend at Creative Solace

I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me in the mail when I got home from work on Friday! It was a package from my new Online friend, Heather. She is the owner of an amazing Mixed Media and Collage Art Blog named Creative Solace. Check it out! She's a very gifted gal full of creativity!

And now for the pictures of my beautiful piece of art that was made from a cigar box top...




Isn't it great? I adore it! I won it by entering her "Art Giveaway to Celebrate 20,000 hits" on her blog. That's a lotta hits Heather! Congrats! And Thank You for sending me this charming little boy on his elephant. After a rough week of being sick, this was such a lift for me to find this in the mail!





His new home will be on the top of my writing desk. This is the first piece of Collage Art that I've received. Collage Art or Altered Art is something that I'm very interested in and want to start doing. So having him sit at the top of my desk where I can see him will be very motivating! I've already started gathering pictures, papers, and found objects for making my own Collage Art. So I'm on my way!


"A true Friend is the best Possession."
~Benjamin Franklin


3 comments:

Rita said...

That is really creative of her! Congrats winning it!

What is that book with the elephant and flamingo in it? :)

Jenifleur-de-lis said...

Hi Rita :)

That is a new drawing book I got at B & N recently. It was on clearance for $7.95. It has "How To-s" for objects, landscapes, people, & animals. Very cool, huh?

I thought it looked cool that I opened it to how to draw an elephant ;0) (I'm so clever sometimes.)

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

very fun win! i realized i am having a long time love affair collage. thanks for sharing who made the art with us. i checked her out...awesome!